[Bio-Linux] X2Go Client behavoiur

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 07:24:30 EDT 2015

On 12/10/15 11:48, Ramendra Sarma wrote:
> The X2goClient connects and disconnect immediately in my bio linux
> machine during connection to a local bio linux server.The version isX2Go
> Client v. 4.0.5.0 (Qt - 4.8.6).
>
> But I can ssh perfectly with the same machine. Why?

Hi, Ramen.

There is an incompatibility between the Windows "x2go" client and the
Linux "x2go" ckient that causes problems if you start a session under
the windows client, disconnect, then try to resume under the Linux client.

In this situation, you can either resume under the Windows client or ssh
into the server and kill the session from the command-line with:

  x2golistsessions_root
  x2goterminate-session xxxxxxxxxxxx

Where "xxxxxxxxxxxx" is the session that does not resume.

If this is NOT the problem, make sure you have selected the MATE desktop
session (the default is KDE, which is not supported in Bio-Linux).

If you contact me off-list with details of the server that is giving
problems I can check it out for you.

HTH,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk