[Bio-linux-list] The reports of Bio-Linux's death are greatly exaggerated

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 10:55:08 EST 2017

On 13/02/17 17:56, Brian Cady wrote:
> Tony and all,
>
> Could we crowdfund, at $25 each, the building of BioLinux 9?

Hi, Brian.

I have thought about crowd-funding, but I think this should be a method
of last resort if we can't get funding any other way because one of the
founding principles of Bio-Linux is that it can be distributed freely.

> How many are on this listserv?

You can see the membership list here:

> http://www.bioinformatics.org/mm/roster/bio-linux-list

There are 307 list subscribers at present...

One idea that might make a small amount of money would be for me to sell
the "Minke-Informatics" branded 8GB Bio-Linux 8 USB-sticks that I use
for Bio-Linux courses (see image attached) for $25 (£20) + postage.

If anyone wants to buy one or more of these Bio-Linux 8 USB-sticks to
help support the development of Bio-Linux, then please send a Stamped
Addressed Envelope to the address in my signature below and payment of
£20 or $25 (plus postage if the envelope is not stamped) by PayPal to my
email address below.

I'll post a tutorial about how to upgrade these Bio-Linux 8 USB-sticks
to Bio-Linux 9 in due course.

Bye,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk