[Bio-linux-list] The reports of Bio-Linux's death are greatly exaggerated

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 13:10:15 EST 2017

On 15/02/17 07:16, Prash wrote:
> Dear All esp Tony
>
> Sad to see this e mail. I have been a great fan of Bio-linux.  The
> support page at Bioinformatics.Org could be linked with Bio-Linux.  It
> would be nice if you could put a word to Jeff.

Hi, Prash.

There is already a Bio-Linux group on bioinformatics.org:

> http://www.bioinformatics.org/groups/?group_id=341

It's quite old, but I'm trying to bring it back to life.

> Second, as a regional affiliate of India, we at Bioclues.org would be
> glad to donate an iota of monies from members' registration.  We have
> inbix.bioclues.org <http://inbix.bioclues.org> coming up in November '17
> and we might consider donating a part of sponsors' money.  Please allow
> us to get back to you.

Thanks, but something might have been lost in translation:

  iota - an extremely small amount

I posted an email earlier today about one possible way of raising a
small amount of funding for Bio-Linux development by selling Minke
Informatics branded USB-sticks with Bio-Linux 8 on them:

See my reply to a message from Brian Cady <briancady101 at yahoo.com>

> That said, crowdfunding should be on the anvil. Long live Bio-linux!

Thanks for your enthusiastic support!

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk