[Bio-linux-list] FW: New contact form received

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Wed May 3 07:42:16 EDT 2017

On 03/05/17 12:05, Timms-Wilson, Tracey wrote:
> [...]
>> You have received a new contact form message.
>> Name : Rob Gilmore
>> Email : rgilmore at umc.edu
>> Message : Hi,
>> I would like to request that the ETE Toolkit (ete3) be added to the software
>> list.
>> http://etetoolkit.org/download/

Hi, Rob.

Tracey forwarded your message to me and I've sent my reply to the list.

I've been trying out "Bioconda" on Bio-Linux 8 and it works very well:

> https://bioconda.github.io/

You can install the ETE Toolkit on Bio-Linux 8 like this using Bioconda:

> wget https://repo.continuum.io/miniconda/Miniconda2-latest-Linux-x86_64.sh
>
> # install Miniconda to /usr/local/miniconda2
> bash Miniconda2-latest-Linux-x86_64.sh
>
> # configure Miniconda for Python 2.7
> export PATH="/usr/local/miniconda2/bin:$PATH"
> conda config --add channels conda-forge
> conda config --add channels defaults
> conda config --add channels r
> conda config --add channels bioconda
>
> # install ETE
> conda install ete3
> ete3 -h
> usage: ete3 [-h]
>             {mod,extract,annotate,compare,view,ncbiquery,generate,evol,maptrees,build,version,upgrade-external-tools}
>
> optional arguments:
>   -h, --help            show this help message and exit
>
> AVAILABLE PROGRAMS:
>   {mod,extract,annotate,compare,view,ncbiquery,generate,evol,maptrees,build,version,upgrade-external-tools}

[You need to use "sudo" if you want to install it all system-wide]

HTH,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk