[Bio-linux-list] Bio-Linux 8.0.8

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 06:32:42 EDT 2017

Hi,

We are pleased to announce a point release of Bio-Linux 8.0.8 that can
be downloaded from:

> https://www.bioinformatics.org/groups/?group_id=341

This release is based on the work done by Will McCaffery to update and
improve Tim Booth's "build-bio-linux" scripts during a summer internship
with me at the University of Aberdeen and I want to thank Will for his
valuable contribution to Bio-Linux.

  Tony Travis.

Release notes:

The Bio-Linux 8.0.8 point release contains an updated Linux kernel to
improve support for modern WiFi chipsets in particular and all the
packages have been updated. This release is mainly intended to improve
the use of Bio-Linux on a USB-stick or DVD. However, the 8.0.8 release
also has "mdadm" pre-installed to make installation and rescue of
Bio-Linux instances on "md" RAID simpler.

PLEASE NOTE: Bio-Linux 8.0.7 instances installed to hard disk do NOT
need to be updated using the Bio-Linux 8.0.8 point release. Bio-Linux is
normally configured for unattended upgrades of core packages and will be
upgraded automatically in situ. A manual update will be necessary to
upgrade ALL packages installed:

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade

Changelog:

The Bio-Linux 8.0.8 point release was created using Tim Booth's
"build-bio-linux" scripts updated and modified by Will McCaffery and
Tony Travis:

https://github.com/Bio-Linux/

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk