[Bio-linux-list] FW: New contact form received

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 09:40:31 EDT 2019

On 01/07/2019 14:07, Timms-Wilson, Tracey wrote:

> [...]

Hi, David.

Tracey forwarded your email to me because I'm last-man-standing on the
Bio-Linux project, which is now effectively abandoned by NERC/EOS and
Bio-Linux 8 is no longer supported either by NERC/EOS, or by me...

During the Bio-Linux project, we collaborated a lot with the Debian-Med
team, who ported many of the most useful packages from Bio-Linux to
Debian-Med. Indeed, our strategy has been to avoid using the 'orphaned'
NERC repositories that we no longer have access to update or modify.

I attended the 2019 Debian-Med Sprint in Vilnius earlier this year and
presented my ideas about continuing development of Bio-Linux 9 within
the Debian-Med project. The Debian-Med team have been very supportive:

> https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2019/DebianMed2019

I've CC'ed your email to the Bio-Linux and Debian-Med mailing lists in
case anyone is willing to volunteer to update the existing Bio-Linux 8
"maxdView" package and make it available for Debian/Ubuntu in "med-bio".

Please post a message about the development and future of "maxdView".

Thanks,

   Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk