[BioBrew Users] BLAST db > 2 GB

Glen Otero gotero at linuxprophet.com
Thu Apr 1 15:53:32 EST 2004

You've run into a 32-bit Linux file size limit that BioBrew can't
change. You should be able to format your nt db into volumes
(fromatdb's -v flag if I remember correctly) to get around this
limitation. Using mpiBLAST to break up the db is also an option. What
version of BioBrew are you using? I might have to point you to the new
mpiBLAST packages.

Glen