[BioBrew Users] Biobrew vs Biolinux vs Rocks

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Wed Jan 28 17:55:08 EST 2004

Hi Chris.

I personally can't address your Rocks question, but I can say some more
about collaboration between BioBrew and Bio-Linux.

Believe it or not, it's only been a couple weeks since those involved with
BioBrew (including myself) discovered the Bio-Linux project, and vice
versa, even though I have known Dan for years.  Corresponding with Dan
about the projects, it seems that we will probably remain complementary
vis-a-vis our target audiences (BioBrew for clusters/servers, Bio-Linux
for workstations) but collaborate on using the same bioinformatic tools.
In fact, we (at Bioinformatics.Org) plan to make use of our repository
(149 projects hosted + archiving to come) in building a collection of RPMs
that both BioBrew and Bio-Linux can use.

Cheers.
Jeff