[BioBrew Users] Re: mpiformatdb error in BioBrew distribution

Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga humberto at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Feb 3 20:01:12 EST 2005

Glen Otero <gotero at linuxprophet.com> wrote:

> I know what the problem is. Packages on the roll were built with vmi
> and mpich-vmi, which are in the BioBrew distro, but aren't included in
> Rocks. That's my mistake. There are several solutions: 1) You could
> use the new biobrew roll for Rocks 3.1 which will be available next
> week; 2) you could rebuild the ncbitools package from SRPM, which I
> could provide you; 3) or I could provide the vmi and vmi-mpich
> sources.

I vote for #2. I saw a couple of ncbitools srpms on bioinformatics.org,
but didn't know which to build, or if it would try to pull in the vmi
libraries at build time. Speaking of missing RPMS, did you find an rpm
for the modules package? We finally got air conditioning installed, so
we're likely to bring our cluster up into production mode in the next
couple of weeks. It would be terrific if we could bring up ROCKS 3.3 and
a BioBrew roll.

--
Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist