[BioBrew Users] Re: [Rocks-Discuss]benchmarking Biobrew

Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga humberto at hpcf.upr.edu
Mon Mar 28 19:34:04 EST 2005

Glen Otero <gotero at linuxprophet.com> wrote:

> We should take this discussion off the Rocks list and continue it on
> the BioBrew list.

Thanks for bringing the discussion here, I'll track down the ROCKS
thread too.

I've got a couple of notes on our experiences with mpiBLAST on our
BioBrew 3.3 cluster:

http://plone.hpcf.upr.edu/Members/humberto/Wiki_Folder.2003-07-17.5848/MPIBlastHowto

Bottom line is: if you want to see a speedup don't ever use NFS.

By the way, the problems with SGE and the shell (see comment in script)
are due to a bug in the mrbayes rpm. More in a separate email.