[BioBrew Users] Roll problem install

Glen Otero glen at callident.com
Fri Jan 13 14:43:27 EST 2006

Hi Jerome-

I used the roll-building capability of rocks-dist this time in
building the BioBrew roll instead of building it by hand in the Rocks
CVS directory (which is a major pain in the ass). Unfortunately, it
looks like the assumptions I made about rocks-dist, like its ability
to build a roll that will install the applications and build a
kickstart xml file, were wrong. You'll have to install all the
applications yourself with rpm -i and manually build an XML kickstart
file. You might see a dependency for SGE. If so, then use rpm -i --
force --nodeps to install the rpms. You should be able to find the
other kickstart files somewhere under  /export/home/install/rocks-
dist/, probably in a build/ directory. Look for roll-ganglia.xml or
other roll xml file and modify that to create roll-biobrew.xml. This
can then be placed with the other xml files and should incorporate
the biobrew roll when running rocks-dist.

Sorry for the hassle. When you sort it out, could you post how you
did it to the list?

Thanks!!

Glen