[BioBrew Users] all parallel capable?

Anna Marabotti anna.marabotti at isa.cnr.it
Wed Sep 6 11:14:42 EDT 2006

Dear Glen,
I'm joining the discussion about parallelism. I have Rocks 4.1 installed on
a cluster with x86_64 architecture, with BioBrew 4.1.2-1 roll. At present,
I'm testing GROMACS, which should be able to run in parallel, but although I
tried to use it with 2 nodes, it only works on the frontend. When I tried to
force GROMACS to run in parallel, it gave me the following message: "Fatal
error: GROMACS compiled without MPI support - can't do parallel runs". Is
this a problem of installation or something else went wrong? Could you
please help me?
Thank you and regards
Anna

Anna Marabotti, Ph.D.
Laboratorio di Bioinformatica e Biologia Computazionale
Istituto di Scienze dell'Alimentazione, CNR
Via Roma 52 A/C
83100 Avellino (Italy)
Tel: +39 0825 299651
Fax: +39 0825 299813