[Bioclusters] LSF 4.2 w/ Redhat 7.2 (2.4.X kernel with glibc2.2) install problem

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
30 Apr 2002 16:11:56 -0400

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 15:36, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> Reading the Platform website shows that they only claim to be supporting
>   2.4 kernels with glibc2.1 which is disconcerting because my systems
> here all have glibc2.2.4-22. They also only have binaries for
> linux-2.4-glibc2.1 on their FTP site.
> I don't consider glibc2.2 all that new or exotic and I don't want to
> downgrade so I figured I'd ask this list at the same time I put in a
> query to Platform engineering...
> Anyone running LSF on linux clusters with glibc2.2? Anyone else have

> trouble getting LSF 4.2 to install out of the box on a updated RH7.2

I have 4.1 going, havent installed 4.2 yet.

> platform? I think the installer scripts might be a bit flaky but the
> binaries seem fine.

We found that as well.  Could you look at the installer script, and
change the top line to

	#!/bin/sh -x

and send the output along?  This will tell us which portion of the
script is failing.  We can probably work around the issue if we know

Joseph Landman, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist,
MSC Software High Performance Computing
email		: joe.landman@mscsoftware.com