[Bioclusters] Oscar Linux cluster and Local Blast Server

Lance Davidow bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:40:12 -0400

At Massachusetts General Hospital, we are looking to set up a local
blast server, preferably with the NCBI algorithm, on a computing
cluster. We have installed the OSCAR clustering package
on a small
test cluster of computers running Red Hat Linux 7.2 on Intel. Does
anyone know of an
open source blast-for-cluster package that would run under this
cluster management suite or is there a
commercial package you are already running that you think is
worthwhile??? We are also considering Apple's Xserve with the G4
accelerated blast to compare against the above system.
Lance Davidow, PhD
Director of Bioinformatics
Dept of Molecular Biology
Mass General Hospital