[Bioclusters] rsync of NCBI formatted databases

chris dagdigian bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:09:21 -0500

Just checked out the bio-mirror.net site, what a great resource! If the
project needs another USA mirror I may be able to find a host in the
Boston area with good bandwidth and spare server+storage.

Relating to what Jeremy wrote...I also tend to write 'wget' scripts to
mirror bio data sources. This type of boilerplate stuff is one of those
'why does everyone reinvent the wheel' sort of problems. Does anyone
have or know about a freely available data mirror + database formater &
version tracker that we could all sort of work on and adopt or improve?

Heck, even trading 'wget' scripts on this list may save people time &