[Bioclusters] Designing a life sciences computing facility

Joel Dudley bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:10:41 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_ccS/E6I+ttvWreFmH/HR4A)

	How would you design a computing facility for life sciences if you
got the chance to build one from scratch? That is the question I am going to
be faced with shortly. As our new research building is being built I have a
chance to influence the design of the computing facility. So, I would like
to ask the members of the list for for their opinion on this matter. The
facility will play host to various applications such as image analysis,
microarray analysis, sequence alignment, phylogenetic modeling, etc. All
suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Joel Dudley
Faculty Research Associate
Arizona State University
Center for Evolutionary and Functional Genomics
http://lsweb.la.asu.edu/skumar/

--Boundary_(ID_ccS/E6I+ttvWreFmH/HR4A)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Designing a life sciences computing facility</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2>How would =
you design a computing facility for life sciences if you got the chance =
to build one from scratch? That is the question I am going to be faced =
with shortly. As our new research building is being built I have a =
chance to influence the design of the computing facility. So, I would =
like to ask the members of the list for for their opinion on this =
matter. The facility will play host to various applications such as =
image analysis, microarray analysis, sequence alignment, phylogenetic =
modeling, etc. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Joel Dudley</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Faculty Research Associate</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Arizona State University</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Center for Evolutionary and Functional =
Genomics</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A HREF=3D"http://lsweb.la.asu.edu/skumar/" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://lsweb.la.asu.edu/skumar/</A></FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>=

--Boundary_(ID_ccS/E6I+ttvWreFmH/HR4A)--