[Bioclusters] cluster computing options

Eric Engelhard bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 05:32:32 -0800

Amit Murthy wrote:
[snip]
> I am looking for suggestions from people as to what problems I should
> select  for the benchmarking. It will be helpful if the code for the bio
> computing part is available open source and has already been
> parallelized.
>
> Any suggestions/pointers will be helpful.
[snip]

I use an "embarrassingly parallel" BLAST solution myself, but Bill
Pearson has a PVM version of fasta at ftp://ftp.virginia.edu/pub/fasta/.
Warning: the readme file states that the latest version of fasta broke
the PVM version, so you will have to try an earlier release.

--
Eric Engelhard  www.cvbig.org