[Bioclusters] Grid computing

Jeremy Mann bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:31:54 -0600 (CST)

Good evening all. I need some advice on how to connect 2 clusters behind
firewalls. I've done research into SGE and Globus, but according to their
documentation, it will not work behind NAT firewalls. I do not want to
open my firewalls just for this purpose, rather I'd like to find a way to
work WITH both firewalls.

Are there any other grid style solutions that WILL work in conjunction
with a NAT firewall? What do the big grid farms use?

If there aren't, my boss and I have discussed using a custom SSH port
forwarding scheme where one port would forward to the 1st node, next port
to the next node and so forth.

Any other ideas? Thanks...

Jeremy Mann

Bioinformatics Core Facility