[Bioclusters] Grid computing

Jeremy Mann bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:31:54 -0600 (CST)

Good evening all. I need some advice on how to connect 2 clusters behind
firewalls. I've done research into SGE and Globus, but according to their
documentation, it will not work behind NAT firewalls. I do not want to
open my firewalls just for this purpose, rather I'd like to find a way to
work WITH both firewalls.

Are there any other grid style solutions that WILL work in conjunction
with a NAT firewall? What do the big grid farms use?

If there aren't, my boss and I have discussed using a custom SSH port
forwarding scheme where one port would forward to the 1st node, next port
to the next node and so forth.

Any other ideas? Thanks...

--
Jeremy Mann