[Bioclusters] How can I make blast job running short time on Gridengine

Joseph Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
21 Nov 2002 18:31:33 -0500

Grace:

  You will need to partition the run into smaller runs, and submit the
smaller runs.  There are a few automated tools to do this in general,
though there are some specific ones for BLAST.

  You can either code it your self, download something of similar
functionality (not much at this time), or pay for one of the commercial
versions to do this.  I'll post more comments on this in the
not-to-distant future.

  The short answer is that you will need to expend either programming
time, searching time, and/or money to enable better performance on your
cluster.

Joe