[Bioclusters] Xserve going full duplex

Ruotti, Victor bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:21:24 -0500

Chris:
We have two xserves here at the Medical College and the problem is that the
Ethernet cards will not go to full-duplex. We have tried to use the ifconfig
utility but it don't seem to work. Have you experienced the same problem?

Thanks,
Victor
Data Analyst / Programmer
Bioinformatics Research Center
Medical College of Wisconsin

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Dagdigian [mailto:dag@sonsorol.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:21 AM
To: bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Subject: Grid Engine for Mac OS X Re: [Bioclusters] Wrong system and
load values from GE on MacOS X

The version of BioTeam's packaged SGE that I found on my laptop was
SGE5.3p2 which is pretty darn old. SGE5.3p4 has been out for a few weeks
already.

Interestingly enough I was at the Apple Summer Camp @ Stanford this week
and met up with some Apple engineers from Australia who are successfully
using a CVS-version of SGE without any problems (the main problem we had
was trying to get the X11 qmon GUI to compile correctly).

According to the Australian SE's all they had to do was (a) install
Motif via fink before building the SGE source from a recent CVS checkout.

I tried this last night at the airport and it looks as though everything
compiled fine except for the X11 qmon GUI again. I need to do some more
poking around to see what I'm doing wrong.

Anyway- I can build the SGE darwin binaries and put them up for download
on http://bioteam.net if people are interested. Not sure if the qmon
problem I'm having is an easy fix or not though.

I'll give it one more day of effort and if I still can't get qmon to
compile I'll put the rest of the binaries up for download.

Regards,
Chris
Bioteam.net