[Bioclusters] OpenPBS problems

Ami Klein bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:55:49 +0100

We have a small cluster (24 CPU) running OpenPBS on suse Linux 8.0.
We are experiencing the following problems when submitting jobs with no d=
(or less than 3 seconds delay) between each submission the system become=20
sometimes pbs_sched crash with out any note in it's log file.
stdout and stderr files goes to the $HOME directory (and not to the=20

Should we switch to the PBSPro version?

We also need a "swap out Queue", hence low priority queue that will suspe=
running jobs (and swap them out to the disk) incase some jobs in other qu=
needs it's cpu. Does such feature exist under PBS system?

Ami Klein,
System Administrator
Division of Genetics
Institute of Animal Science and Animal Health
The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University
Email: ami@genome.kvl.dk