[Bioclusters] cluster hardware question

Kiran Jonnalagadda bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
16 Jan 2003 21:21:45 -0500

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:35, Duzlevski, Ognen wrote:
> Kiran,
>
> care to share your experiences? I am always keen on learning more so that
> I don't make the wrong decisions :)
>
> Are you a bioinformatics shop?

We're building clusters at Johns Hopkins University for Mascot, for
BLAST or a workalike, and for a Zope based protein database. I'm trying
to figure out if makes sense to have different clusters for each or a
single mega cluster.

The cluster is still just a plan so there are no experiences to share
yet. Will post here if we come across anything noteworthy.

Since none of us here are strong on the hardware side, what we're
picking off the list is invaluable knowledge. I hope we can add to it in
future.

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://www.pobox.com/~jace