[Bioclusters] ack. I'm getting bitten by the 2gb filesize problem on a linux cluster...

Jeffrey B. Layton bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:44:00 -0500

Mark Komarinski wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 16:29, Donald Becker wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, chris dagdigian wrote:
>>

>>>I thought these problems were long past me with modern kernels and
>>>filesystems --
>>>

>>This is an application problem.
>>

>Looks like it.  Here's what I got from wget under Solaris 8:
>
>htgs.tar.gz: File too large, closing control connection.
>
>Last byte size was 2,147,482,144

Sure sounds like it. But just in case, grab the latest Bash
sources and rebuild it with the 'large' options. If you're
running RH, as of 7.2 (maybe 7.3 or 8.0) they shipped
bash that was not compiled the 'large' options.

Also, be careful of the filesystem. If it is a reiser FS and
was built under a 2.2 kernel that you are stuck with the
2 Gig filesize limit (not that this your problem I think,
but something to check just in case).

Good Luck!

Jeff