[Bioclusters] xraid

LAI Loong Fong bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:41:46 +0800

On 23/7/03 2:37 AM, "Chris Dwan (CCGB)" <cdwan@mail.ahc.umn.edu> wrote:

> We host the majority of our NFS environment from two XRAID devices,
> mounted on a pair of Sun 280Rs running Solaris 8.  Overall, I've been very
> impressed by the XRAIDs.  They're solidly constructed, the management
> interface is wonderful, and the removable components are all easy to
> access.  We connect the XRAIDs directly to the Suns, via Apple's dual port
> PCI FC cards.  This isn't explicitly supported, your milage may vary.

I do not know that you can actually connect the XRAID to a Sun machine. May
I know what chipset is the Apple's dual FC card using? And what driver you
are using for this card? And how do you manage the XRAID in this case since
Apple only provide the management software for OS X.

Thanks
LAI Loong Fong