[Bioclusters] Setting up a small cluster

Douglas Eadline bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:44:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Malay Kumar Basu wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I am planning to set up a small linux cluster (~8 nodes). I am a new comer
> in the field and still learing. Could anyone please guide me about what
> should be the hardware like? Does SCSI makes any significant difference?
> Should I go for sigle/dual processor nodes?

All very good questions, with one answer "it all depends on your
application".

I have set up a web site to help answer some of these question.
It is called http://www.cluster-rant.com/ and has news and
technical reports for clusters. See the features section of
for technical reports and information, also at the bottom on the right
side are some resource links.

I will be adding more to the site, so stay tuned.

Doug