[Bioclusters] anyone using gridMathematica ?

landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:04:33 -0500

The documentation page
http://documents.wolfram.com/applications/parallel/Configuration/Unix.html
covers some examples where one could easily substitute a qrsh for an rsh/ssh,
or a relevant qsub.

It appears that it should be easy to "bring into the fold" given the system
they describe.  Of course, in the field, it is usually another matter.

It would appear that it would require a configuration file similar to

LaunchSlave["remote_host","qrsh -now  -l host='l' math -mathlink"]

(syntax may not be correct for your job scheduler)

In this case, as qrsh uses its own selection mechanism, the "remote_host" may
not be relevant (though it is likely that you cannot omit it).  You should try
without the "-l host='l'" if the above does not work.

There are other "tricks" including inserting a qsub at the outset with the
required number of cpus, and a job that launches mathlink after reporting back
through some IPC mechanism, what its hostname is.  This "bubble" method is a
hack, but it does work.

Joe

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:36:05 -0400, Chris Dagdigian wrote