[Bioclusters] what motherboards are people using for dual Athlon boxes?

Borries Demeler bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:21:10 -0600 (CST)

We have bought three Tyan MB's for testing about a year ago and
had lots of stability problems with them until bios upgrades
fixed most of the problems. Never had a single problem with
the Asus boards, and we have since built 2 clusters using the
Asus boards, and are very happy with both performance and stability.
They also don't seem to be too picky about the memory, we've
been able to run the cheap generic stuff in one of them we use for
video processing.

Maybe it's just having been lucky, but I would recommend going
with the Asus.

-Borries