[Bioclusters] PBS Pro .edu license

Chris Dwan (CCGB) bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 1 May 2003 12:50:58 -0500 (CDT)

Earlier this month there were several cross-posted threads about
the new license scheme for PBS Pro.  The basic question was:

> I see from PBSPro's new website that educational sites need to submit a
> grant application in order to purchase PBSPro at reduced costs, where
> previously it was free to educational sites. Has anyone submitted this
> yet and found out what the price actually is?

I "submitted a grant proposal," by which I mean that I dropped them a
short email asking if we (the University of Minnesota) could continue
to use the PBS Pro product.

The answer (for our group, your milage may vary):  The software continues
to be free for degree granting educational institutions, support is
available at a deep discount.

I encourage everyone to verify the facts as they apply to you, before
making decisions one way or another.

-Chris Dwan
 CCGB, University of Minnesota