[Bioclusters] mpiBLAST question

Jeremy Mann bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 18:10:06 -0500 (CDT)

I am playing around with mpiblast again and have somewhat of a problem.
Last time I played with it, mpiformatdb moved the segments to the shared
directory. Then when I ran mpirun -np 20 mpiblast for the first time, I
remember it moved the individual segments to each nodes local storage,
then it ran blastall under MPI.

I just updated to 1.1.0 of mpiBLAST, and just mpiformatdb works. When I
start my *job* mpirun just hangs and prints to STDOUT. I have to manually
kill it with CTRL-Z. What am I missing here?

Oh... instant brainstorm here. I think its a permissions issue, let me run
it and chown the local storage. I remember I used /tmp before, now its a
dedicated hard drive.

BRB...

--
Jeremy Mann