[Bioclusters] LSF vs SGE

Ron Chen bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Sat, 10 May 2003 20:46:19 -0700 (PDT)

IMO, Platform is not that friendly. They like to
spread FUD about other products, e.g. They said that
PBS can't handle over 5000 jobs, and someone told me
that they said similar things about SGE.

(In fact, since LSF is not free, they should compare
LSF with PBSPro. And also, I started using SGE from
the very beginning, and I know that even early
versions of SGE can handle many more jobs than that!)

http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2001-October/001486.html
http://bioinformatics.org/pipermail/bioclusters/2001-October/000035.html

Also, both PBS and SGE follow DRMAA, but Platform
pushes NPI -- the LSF API as the "standard".

Do you think we should support these kind of
companies?

 -Ron