[Bioclusters] mpiBLAST

Jeremy Mann bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 08:44:29 -0500 (CDT)

> Right now I have it running, but with it doesn't produce any output and
> lamclean hasn't killed
> the process on the first node (it has been trying for >5 minute now).

Hmmm.. Did you lamboot your MPI environment first?

> Speaking of the first node,
> are we supposed to set up n0 as our master node?  Is that why I get 21
> fragments when I say divide
> it into 20 pieces?

No, I think the problem is mpiBLAST considers '0' to be a valid number. So
if you have 20 nodes (0-19), you'll need to mpiformatdb for 19. I know,
this caught me off guard too, but I just live with it.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy@biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility