[Bioclusters] Operating system choice.

Tim Cutts bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:29:03 +0000

On 12-Nov-03, David Robillard wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with LSF/NetBackup on Debian or FreeBSD?

When I worked at Incyte, I used LSF 4.2 with Debian Potato with no
difficulty.  Here at the Sanger, I have tried LSF 5.1 with Debian Woody
(i.e. current stable release)

It works fine, with the single exception of lstcsh, which does not, and
hangs.  I suspect this is a libc issue.  If you use lstcsh, this could
be a showstopper for you (we do use it here, on some clusters, although
not on the particular cluster this Debian box is part of)

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group