[Bioclusters] Genetic information size - Neuron network information size

Lucas Carey bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:32:18 -0400

I can give you some:
# neurons in the human brain: ~10^11
# neurons in the nematode C elegans: exactly 302 (this is the only organism that has a set #)
drosophila genome: ~180 million bases, ~120 euchromatic
human genome: ~3 billion bases, euchromatic I think. not sure about the total.

be careful when calling this 'information content'. it has a lower signal:noise ratio than usenet
-Lucas