[Bioclusters] Linux cluster storage question (SAN/NAS/GPFS)

James Cuff bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:43:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, John Van Workum wrote:

> Another direction that might be worth looking at is solid state disks (SSD).

So one Mouse and one Human genome alone comes in at >6GB.

Nice idea, probably only good in this field for Oracle redologs, although
you would not catch me running Oracle on it...  just imagine those support
calls.

Anyway, I just so much like the part on the Cenatek pages about their
success stories:

"I also use Netsonic sometimes if I need to do a power search for
particular information, such as information on my wife's hedgehog."

*sigh*

So - I'm totally wrong again, it looks like it will be just great for the
building the hedgehog genome...

J.

--
James Cuff, D. Phil.
Group Leader, Applied Production Systems