[Bioclusters] Linux cluster storage question (SAN/NAS/GPFS)

James Cuff bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:43:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, John Van Workum wrote:

> Another direction that might be worth looking at is solid state disks (SSD).

So one Mouse and one Human genome alone comes in at >6GB.

Nice idea, probably only good in this field for Oracle redologs, although
you would not catch me running Oracle on it...  just imagine those support

Anyway, I just so much like the part on the Cenatek pages about their
success stories:

"I also use Netsonic sometimes if I need to do a power search for
particular information, such as information on my wife's hedgehog."

So - I'm totally wrong again, it looks like it will be just great for the
building the hedgehog genome...

James Cuff, D. Phil.
Group Leader, Applied Production Systems
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. 320 Charles Street,
Cambridge, MA. 02141.  Tel: 617-252-1925  Fax: 617-258-0903