[Bioclusters] SGE and NFS scalability

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 08:58:28 EST 2004

Even SGE 5.3 can handle 200 nodes easily, and SGE 6.0 with Berkeley DB
spooling won't make a big difference unless you constantly have a huge
number of jobs submitted and dispatched.

However, Berkeley DB needs the DB file either on NFS4 or on the local
filesystem... and if you want to use failover (shadow master), then you
need to use the "classic spooling" for non-NFS4 servers.

Rayson