[Bioclusters] updated NCBI RPMs following the release of new NCBI code

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:13:02 -0500

Hi folks:

  We built RPMs of the newly released NCBI code.  You can pull them from
here: http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/downloads/ncbi/ .  These
include a patch to enable the RPM to build on a SUSE SLES 8.x based
Opteron system.  We do not have a Redhat x86_64 system to test the build
on, so we cannot verify that platform either.  The patch we created to
complete the x86_64 support can be found at
http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/downloads/opteron/ncbi/opteron-m64.patch .

  This time around, we included simple optimization patches to the
linux*.ncbi.mk files, and built specific versions for athlon and
opteron.  A Pentium 4 patch is there as well, though we cannot test that
easily (no .p4.rpm target, and we need i686 to be able to run across P3
and higher architectures).  Suggestions for what to do here are welcome.

  As usual, bug reports back to me, and we will try to get fixes out
quickly.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D