[Bioclusters] free parallel versions of BLAST

Micha Bayer bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
26 Feb 2004 11:51:05 +0000

Hi,

does anyone know of a non-commercial, open source/free package that
provides a parallelisation of BLAST (apart from mpiBLAST which is not
suitable for us).

I am interested in something that would split input files into single
query sequences, partition the database and collate the results (ideally
with an adjustment of the e-values etc).

It looks like some of the commercial packages like Paracel do all of the
above but I really need an open source version and before I get writing
my own I want to make sure I have tried all the available options.

I am looking to run a service both on a Windows XP based Condor pool and
on a cluster that uses OpenPBS but has no message passing capabilities
to speak of.

cheers

Micha

Dr Micha M Bayer