[Bioclusters] mpiblast on the smallest possible cluster

Lucas Carey bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:54:26 -0500

You should be fine using -np 3 instead of -np2. MPICH will start up the third process on the master. Also, try the cvs version if you have any troubles, as it contains a lot of bugfixes. You can get a nightly tarball from:
http://mpiblast.sf.net/mpiblast-latest.tar.gz
-Lucas