[Bioclusters] Help about mpiBLAST install

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:16:14 -0400

Your mpicc or mpiCC should be installed with your mpich or LAM package.
If you want binary RPMs (precompiled) for mpiBLAST, you may download
them from

If you want to build it yourself, make sure you have mpich or LAM
installed.  Once you have a working MPI installed, the mpicc and mpiCC
should be in your mpich/LAM binary path.

If you are using SuSE, it will be in something like /opt/mpich/bin/, if
you are using RedHat or a variant, it could be in a number of places,
usually /usr/local/bin.

If you are using another distribution, you might try

	locate mpicc

	locate mpiCC

if you have a working install of slocate.