[Bioclusters] ClustalX rpms available for x86_64 and x86 architectures

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:14:22 -0400

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 13:56, Luc Ducazu wrote:
> Dear Joe,

[...]

> This is just a mail to inform you that there was already a clustalx RPM on
> http://www.biolinux.org/, but not for 64 bit CPUs.

Hi Luc:

  We are focusing our efforts upon building packages which are well
tuned to the computational hardware our customer base uses.  We tune for
Opteron, p4, and others using gcc, as most users have this compiler.

  We have been aware of several packaging efforts, and have participated
in a number.  As we are focused upon high performance users, we do our
best to make sure that the codes are well optimized for the underlying
platforms when this is appropriate.  As such, we have released source
RPMs as well as binary RPMs that enable users to compile/install onto
any RPM supported (modern, post gcc 3.0, glibc 2.3) x86/x86_64 system.

  There may be opportunities for collaboration that we can explore.
Feel free to contact me offline if you would like.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC,