[Bioclusters] NCBI 2.2.9 compile error on x86-64 Fedora Core 2

Doug Shubert bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:20:49 -0400

--------------080107030703040906020402

Memtest 3.1 is not working with some newer boards/CPU's, so we
switched to using memtest+ 1.2 prebuilt bootable iso from
http://www.memtest.org/.

The bootable version eliminated the OS inconsistencies, down side is you
have to reboot
the system to run the test.

Our MSI K8D Master has 6 mem slots and all are populated with 512 MB Reg
ECC DDR 266.
BIOS is set to Interleaving = auto, Node Interleaving = Auto, Burst
Length = 8 Beats,
Memclock Mode = Auto.

Have not run Streams on this system, but will.

Thanks for the reply.
Doug

>On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 14:32, Doug Shubert wrote:
>

>>Hello Joe,
>>
>>Your numbers look very linear to ours.
>>I would expect a 45%-50% performance
>>increase based on CPU speed (240 vs 246).
>>
>>Other factors could be in memory speeds and OS tuning.
>>Our Opteron is running DDR Reg ECC 266 memory.
>>
>>If you have a chance to run memtest86+, I would be interested
>>in the memory speed of a 246 system.
>>

>Ok.  Are you using a particular memtest?  I found 3.1 was needed for
>Opteron.  I am using DDR 333 memory.  Lets also check the layout of your
>ram. Is it all piled on one processing node?  If so, you want to set it
>up as interleaved.  I get streams of about 2GB/s per CPU with streams
>triad.
>
>I am in the middle of some other stuff now, so I'll try to get the
>memtest86 data later tonight (unless you meant a different memtest...)
>

>>ioinformatics.org/mailman/listinfo/bioclusters

--------------080107030703040906020402

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Memtest 3.1 is not working with some newer boards/CPU's, so we <br>
switched to using memtest+ 1.2 prebuilt bootable iso from
The bootable version eliminated the OS inconsistencies, down side is
you have to reboot <br>
the system to run the test.<br>
Our MSI K8D Master has 6 mem slots and all are populated with 512 MB
Reg ECC DDR 266.<br>
BIOS is set to Interleaving = auto, Node Interleaving = Auto, Burst
Length = 8 Beats,<br>
Memclock Mode = Auto. <br>
Have not run Streams on this system, but will.<br>
Thanks for the reply.<br>
Doug<br>
 cite="mid1088447930.17261.117.camel@protein.scalableinformatics.com">
increase based on CPU speed (240 vs 246).

Other factors could be in memory speeds and OS tuning.
Our Opteron is running DDR Reg ECC 266 memory.

If you have a chance to run memtest86+, I would be interested
in the memory speed of a 246 system.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Ok.  Are you using a particular memtest?  I found 3.1 was needed for
Opteron.  I am using DDR 333 memory.  Lets also check the layout of your
ram. Is it all piled on one processing node?  If so, you want to set it
up as interleaved.  I get streams of about 2GB/s per CPU with streams
triad.

I am in the middle of some other stuff now, so I'll try to get the
memtest86 data later tonight (unless you meant a different memtest...)

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">ioinformatics.org/mailman/listinfo/bioclusters
    </pre>

--------------080107030703040906020402--