[Bioclusters] a parallelized version of NCBI BLAST for itanium

Tim Cutts bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 18 May 2004 21:44:32 +0100

On 18 May 2004, at 9:31 pm, David Adelson wrote:

> Can anyone point me towards a version of NCBI BLAST already compiled
> for itanium?  We want to put it on an SGI ALTIX 128p machine so a
> parallelized version would be nice.  Since the OS is Redhat, I suspect
> that there may be a suitable rpm out there we can try.

SGI themselves have a version of NCBI BLAST optimised for the Altix.
Use that.  Download their entire HTC bioinformatics kit at:

http://www.sgi.com/industries/sciences/chembio/resources/htc/
htc_bio_altix.html

Tim