[Bioclusters] NFS performance with multiple clients.

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Nov 24 15:06:15 EST 2004

I cannot say enough good things about Panasas.  I took the iobench code
that is part of a common HPC benchmark, rewrote a portion of it to use
MPI, and did some tests.  It is nice to see 16 compute nodes sustaining
1.2 GB/s write access to a single file system.

It is not inexpensive, but if you need very high very scalable
performance, it is a great design.  Each rack shelf adds file system
bandwidth.

If you want to know more about this, let me know.

Joe