[Bioclusters] job queueing systems for ibm blade center

Tim Cutts bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:49:21 -0300

On 26 Sep 2004, at 3:06 pm, Chris Dwan wrote:

>> SGE supports more platforms than TORQUE, but if you only use Linux,
>> then both of them work fine.
>>
>> Since SGE/TORQUE are free, you can always try them. If neither of them
>> work, then you can go for LSF, but it is not free and it supports less
>> platforms than SGE.
>
> LSF:
> http://www.platform.com/services/support/services/platforms6.0.asp

It's worth noting that, in addition to the above list, Platform now
officially support the 2.6 Linux kernel.  I haven't tested it yet, but
it should fix a number of issues LSF has on Linux, in particular its
failure to measure memory consumption of pthreads applications
correctly (on 2.4 kernels, LSF measures the memory use of pthreads
applications as though they weren't shared memory, largely because it's
difficult to unpick what's going on in /proc for a pthreads
application; there isn't much difference between a pthreads process and
a process group.  The difference is much more distinct with the new
pthreads implementation in 2.6)

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute