[Bioclusters] job queueing systems for ibm blade center

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:22:28 -0400

Rayson Ho wrote:

>AFAIK, they didn't release the source... the license was modified a few
>years ago to add the opensource terms, but they keep on saying that
>they can't release the source because the source won't build outside of
>their environment! (WTF?)

I stand corrected.  I just checked the download sites.  I had thought
there was source on there a number of years ago (5.x time frame).  I see
lots of built binaries (somewhat up to date), but no source.

>http://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2004-August/msg00167.shtml
>
>Also, Condor sends the cluster information back to the University of
>Wisconsin:
>
>http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/privacy
>
>I personally don't like the idea of having someone spying on my
>cluster.

Ganglia monitor allows you to configure this, and all gridded machines
(in the Globus sense) do something similar when they join a
computational or data grid.  I think it would be incorrect to call it
spying.  Monitoring may be more accurate and more appropriate.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC,