[Bioclusters] Need some help with MrBayes and mpi

Shaila Parashar shaila at engr.colostate.edu
Thu Apr 7 17:43:41 EDT 2005

Hi

I am not sure whether this is the right mailing list to address this
issue. Actually, I am a unix sytem admin, who has been requested to
install MrBayes on our cluster.
We have 4 SUN machines running Solaris 9.  We have mpich-1.2.6 running
and is being used extensively. We are not using passwordless ssh , but
instead are using  rsh. Students have not faced any problems in using mpich.
Now I have installed the mpi version of MrBayes on one of the machines
and then ran a program called sample.nex
It gave me the following error

p1_9962:  p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11

I have not been able to find the reason and solution for that error.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. A lot of our
research work depends on getting this to work correctly.

If this is not the right mailing list, can any of you please direct me
to the right mailing list to address this issue.

Thanks in advance

Shaila

Shaila Parashar			e-mail:shaila at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX System Administrator	tel:- (970)-491-6555
Engineering Network Services
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1301