[Bioclusters] Re: query

Josh Goodman jogoodma at bio.indiana.edu
Fri Dec 9 12:53:11 EST 2005

Is the windows port and accounting module really free now?  The last email in
your thread from Andy Schwierskott at Sun
(http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=13861) seems
to say otherwise.

Andy wrote:

"If you look at the full announcement you see that it talks about open
sourcing all of the software. Looking at Grid Engine many parts are in the
open source, while others (ARCo, Windows, GEMM) are not. There is no
decision yet if and when these parts of Grid Engine will be open sourced."

<snip>

"PS: if someone asked me what I personally think about open sourcing the
closed source parts of Grid Engine I'd say it would make a lot of sense."

Does anyone know what this means exactly?  Does this mean they will include ARCo
et al. with the new Gridengine download but not as open source software or does
it mean that they will not be provided at all as a download?  It isn't clear
from any of their pages what exactly you get with the new download and I haven't
grabbed all the files yet to see if ARCo is in there.

Josh