[Bioclusters] Questions on mpiBLAST

Hrishikesh Deshmukh hdeshmuk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:09:18 EST 2005

Hi,
I am no authority on BLAST, i guess you see a linear speedup increase
only when the problem is huge, for 20 odd sequences mpiblast doesn't
play, your ncbi blast is good enough! Just curious are the results for
ncbi and mpiblast for the same dataset (input) match exactly?!

I am tryting to get BLAST and mpiBLAST running on Sun Grid, right now
BLAST works in serial mode and mpiBLAST is kinds stuck!

Cheers,
Hrishi