[Bioclusters] topbiocluster.org

Brodie, Kent brodie at mcw.edu
Fri Jun 24 12:47:16 EDT 2005

I'd like to hear more about your experience with clusterfs---   I've
been here in this role (managing the technology of the bio stuff here),
and am disappointed that it's set up with nothing fancier than a bunch
of compute nodes that her their data off of an NFS file server.

I assume the general concept is that each of the nodes "donates" some
chunk of local disk space to the greater whole, and they all share the
I/O tasks?   For example, we have a bunch of high performance nodes that
have 2x73GB drives...   I could easily give up one drive from each
system for the cluster file environment......

Behalf