[Bioclusters] Which Sun Grid Engine?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Aug 17 15:51:12 EDT 2006

SGE 6.x still retains the flexible paradigm where users request the
resources they need to be successful and (in most cases) the SGE
scheduler will place the job into the appropriate queue. What is new
in SGE 6 is the concept of cluster queues which can span multiple
execution hosts. The feature is more of an admin or ease-of-
management thing than any fundamental change in the flexible way that
SGE matches job requirements to available resources.

I wrote this document a LONG time ago but it still covers the
differences in SGE 5/6/N1GE in some detail, including cluster queues:

" Understanding the differences between Grid Engine 5.3, 6.0 and Sun
N1 Grid Engine 6 (N1GE 6)"
http://bioteam.net/dag/gridengine-6-features.html

Regards,
Chris